Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The First Time I...Led the Charge to Wellness

As some of you may know, I am dabbling in wellness education as part of research as to whether or not this is an area I'd like to explore professionally. I've been talking to staff, both at FSU and at other campuses, and am really learning about how I could incorporate this interest into my work.

To that end, I've been working on a wellness plan for our office, called "Student ACTIVities". I compiled wellness tips that cover nutrition, exercise, and mental wellness as well, and put them on a calendar. I've also been sending weekly emails about a different topic each week, some articles to add more to the information given, and am trying to encourage the staff to participate in a 5k/1 mile race together.

I've been genuinely encouraged and really excited about how it's been received so far. So far, the staff seems to be excited to be involved, and we are having our first healthy food potluck/brainstorming meeting tomorrow!

To the rest of the Student Activities staff, thank you for indulging me in this practice- it's helping me learn how I want to approach wellness, and I hope that you're getting something from it too.

How are you finding opportunities to learn about your passions, even if they don't necessarily line up directly with your current work?

No comments:

Post a Comment