Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beat AMC To the Punch



AMC showed The Shawshank Redemption at least twice today, possibly three times. I finished watching it on DVD roughly five minutes before it started on TV. There are some movies I don't own because they're on TV so often...didn't realize Shawshank could be one of those!

Thing is...*deep breath* I'd never seen it.

There are many movies that I've never seen that are in the general consciousness of the public. Having been a film minor, and a general movie junkie, some of these are surprising. Henceforth, I'm starting a list: common movies I should have seen. Please feel free to add ones in the comments (or marvel at how I haven't, i.e. "Seriously? You haven't seen [insert film here]?")

  • Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi
  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I wanted to wait until they all came out, and then I didn't get to them!)
  • Friday
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Fatal Attraction
  • any Indiana Jones after the first one
  • Silence of the Lambs (in full)
  • Se7en
  • Meet Joe Black
  • Apocalypse Now (in full)
  • Amelie
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
That said, there are LOTS of movies that I have seen that many others haven't. I guess it evens out. But here's me being authentic...I may just nod when you talk about these, but I'll see them one day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love Se7en. Watch it immediately. We can watch it together if you come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amma, "The Godfather" and "The Godfather: Part II" definitely need to be on this list. :)

    ReplyDelete