Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Big News!

Well all, it's been a great first year in Tallahassee, FL at Florida State University. I've had the chance to work with the most supportive Division of Student Affairs I've encountered in my career, a Student Activities staff that I have grown to appreciate as wonderful practitioners and friends, and a uniquely smart and competent student staff in Union Productions.

With all that said, I've been needing to make a change for a while and have found a way to do so, one that I'm SO excited about. You know, in the spirit of deliberate adventure as my bio states :) Starting on September 4th, 2012, I will be the Assistant Director for Involvement and Assessment at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA. It's a position that allows me to work in another area of student activities- that of assessment- as well as continuing with my work with students through organizations and the Commuter Council I'll be advising. It also lets me work in a few areas of personal passion, namely (a) social media, and (b) wellness.

I want to thank everyone at Florida State for the incredible opportunities that I've been afforded here. There is truly a special group of people at this institution, a family that I will be sad to leave.

And to friends and family in the Northeast...get ready for me. I'm excited to be living among you again :)

6 comments:

  1. We are sooo excited to have you Amma! Can't wait!! September 4th, get here already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *does a happy dance in my office*
      Also, I have a blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Soooo excited for you. And jealous. And just.. PUMPED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news, congrats Amma! All the best during your travels and transition :) Boston is closer than Tallahassee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I thought about that...just a little closer to the Canadian friends = even more excited!! :)

      Delete