Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ran 300 Miles


As of this evening, I've run 300.21 miles this year. The goal for this year is 400 miles, and I am 3/4 of the way there! It's a big deal for me.

Running has become a big part of my life this year. It's been the way I clear my mind and actively get rid of anxiety. It's been how I first started learning my way around Tallahassee. It's letting me travel (I have races this fall in St. Pete, Orlando, Savannah and Memphis). And it gives me a way to keep balance from work. I have me time when I run, in a way that I can't always make time for when I don't run.

It's a part of me now in a way that it has never been before. And in the distance I've gone this year, I could get to Jacksonville, FL; Birmingham, AL; or Savannah, GA! When you put it that way, think of the amazing places I could go on foot!

I can't wait to see what else I can accomplish, where else I can go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment